Founded in 1519 under the name of San Cristobal de La Habana, the city became the official capital of Cuba in 1553.
Since its beginning, the city's port was an important trade and supply center for ships that sailed between the Old and the New World, and this is why it owes its economic, social and architectural development in the first centuries of Spanish conquest.
Its historic center is an immense reminder of the Spanish influence and thanks to the restoration project of the Office of the Historian of the City, we can still admire beautiful colonial houses and palaces.
In contrast, the city offers another more modern view to the west, although stopped in the 1950s.
Do not miss the opportunity to visit it on foot and in a classic convertible car to admire it in all its splendor and contrasts.