Learn with us to talk as a Cuban! Maybe you look less like a tourist … 😉
Good morning: Buenos días
Good afternoon: Buenas tardes.
Good night: Buenas noches
* Informal greeting for: how are you? What’s up?
Qué bolá, Asere?
* Friend: Asere.
* To describe someone very attractive:
Eres un mangón !!
* The father, the mother:
El puro, la pura.
* To describe someone very good at something or that surprise in what they do:
Tú sí suenas!
Estás escapao/ escapà !!
* Negative person, who hurts:
Tú eres Fula, eres una fueraevista! (out of sight).
We also use the word Fula for the dollar:
It’s 100 Fulas = It’s 100 dollars.
To struggle. I am fighting. I’m in the fight.
Luchar. Estoy luchando. Estoy en la lucha.
* Answers and phrases that all Cubans know:
-A What time did they kill Lola?: At 3pm.
– What does Mayabe donkey take?: Beer
– What color was the white horse of Maceo? White!
-When is the party over? When the Melcón drys out.
-Everyone who does not have of Congo has it from Carabali. In reference to the African mix in our genetics and our culture.
*To describe someone who has eaten a lot!
You’re going to explode like Cafunga!
Vas a explotar como Cafunga!